Support Engineer I
This entry-level Support Engineer role requires no prior experience, and offers growth opportunities within the Support function and other areas of our software as a service company. Train and work with our dynamic team as you learn our products and progress in your career journey.
The Level 1 Support Engineer will work with customers as they learn and use our products. In this client-facing role, you will trouble-shoot, problem-solve, and identify issues and opportunities for product improvement.
- Use your advanced business, analytical and technical product skills to understand customer issues and then diagnose root cause and required corrective actions for 1-2 Trintech products. Sets up and recreates complex customer scenarios testing within the Support environment to identify root cause and product defects.
- Properly assess the customer business impact of reported problems and assign the correct severity level in alignment with Trintech’s contractual obligation to the customer. Initiate the internal Trintech Major Incident process as required to meet Trintech’s contractual requirements and quickly restore service to customers.
- Develop, test, and communicate solutions to all levels of customer IT and Account staff and management. Ensure resolutions provided within required customer time frames and business deadlines. Support communications must be always professional and serve to enhance the customer’s relationship with Trintech.
- When standard solutions and procedures have failed, or product defects are present, create workaround procedures to facilitate required customer outcomes. Be aware of the business impact of proposed solutions and consult with key internal stakeholders on potentially impactful recommendations.
- Open Service Requests, and track inquiry resolution progress and provide continuous follow-up. Proactively call customers with daily status updates while Service Request remains unresolved.
- Provide customer IT management and staff guidance on troubleshooting their external environmental issues that may impact Trintech software including networks, ERP systems, and middleware.
- Work cross-functionally with Trintech internal teams including SaaS Ops, Services, & Customer Success to achieve resolutions or provide customer updates.
- Escalate urgent or complex customer problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to Level 2 or the Support Escalation team as required
- Keep clear and detailed documentation of all steps taken to diagnose and resolve Service Requests, fully utilizing all tools and procedures provided. Author knowledgebase articles for both internal and customer use to deflect and quickly resolve Support Requests.
- Use your SQL and database knowledge to write custom scripts to gather information and fix data issues
- Participate in UAT testing on major releases of Trintech Software to identify software defects and to ensure a high-quality customer experience.
- Provide exemplary customer service by being prompt, efficient, and empathetic. Play a pivotal role in maintaining a positive customer relationship by being proud, professional representatives of the Trintech brand.
- Work independently with minimal supervision while meeting or exceeding all performance goals
- 1-2 years of strong performance and experience supporting Trintech products with deep knowledge of at least 1-2 Trintech products will create eligibility for promotion to Support Engineer II