Trintech Attends SSON’s 20th Australian Shared Services and Outsourcing Week
Trintech recently participated in SSON’s 20th Australasian Shared Services and Outsourcing Week in Sydney, Australia, helping to educate companies on the many benefits of implementing Risk Intelligent Automation across their Record to Report process. Goals from the week included how to make your office of finance a strategic part of your business, and how to look for value in innovative automation beyond purely cost savings.
As part of this, Stuart Dorrington, Head of Financial Control at EnergyAustralia and Trintech customer, delivered a presentation entitled, “Increasing Efficiency and Effectiveness through Reconciliation and Close Management Automation,” describing EnergyAustralia’s transformation journey to process excellence. He explained how they took a financial close process full of errors and problems and turned it into an efficient, strategic part of its business. In addition, Dorrington provided the audience with some best practice tips to help ensure the success of their own Record to Report (R2R) automation delivery, including:
· Target the level of change you are trying to achieve
· Ensure consideration of key controls and engage on this early in the process
· Preparation before implementation is key and the implementation approach should be carefully considered
· Change management is important
· Having an active working group throughout the project encourages engagement and builds subject matter expert knowledge
· A super user model sets a good grounding and ensures knowledge is spread
· There are both cost and knowledge benefits of using an internal project team for implementation
Be on the lookout for future events Trintech participates in near you!
Written by: Sam King